CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

a short, white girl named Pizza hut

as you read the following conversation i had with my friend "R" keep in mind that he is 4 years old and "colored"


R: do you have a girlfriend?
me: no, i do not have a BOYfriend
R: why not?
me: uh... i dunno. do you have a girlfriend?
R: no i dont want one
me: why n..
R: I NEED ONE!!
me: oooooook.. should we find you one?
R: yeah, she has to be white
me: (trying to hide my laugh) she has to be white?
R: somethingsomething colored
me: what?
R: and "this" (holding hand up) not big (he was holding his hands to compare sizes, trying to tell meshe has to be a kid like him, not a grown up like me)
me: ooh oook w....
R: soemthingsomethingslurred
me: what?
R: her name somethingsoemthing
me: ......what...?
R: PIZZA HUT!
me: her name is pizza hut?
R: yes!
J coming from nowhere: we're having a pizza party
me: (finding it almost impossible not to laugh) so your girlfriend needs to be this short, white, and named Pizza hut?
R: yes!


i wish i could remember everything he said and type HOW he said it. it was so hard for me not to laugh. i had to cover my face with a book a few times so i could. i told his mom this story and i've never seen her laugh that hard.

also~ i love how to kids, their skin color isnt a big deal, it's just a fact. if it had been someone older that said they needed a white girlfriend, thats racist. but to a 4 year old, who knows. maybe he just find it interesting because all his family at home had dark skin. the young kids are usually aware that there is a difference in the skin colors of them and some of their friends, but that's all it is. like the difference in a red shirt and a blue shirt. i love it. i wish thats how everyone was

My Blog List